- The consistency, compared to our regular primer which is a bit creamier, is a bit runny and milky. It smells like a product a man would use, obviously. (We didn’t mind the smell, so we were fine with it).
- We started with a pea-size drop so that we don’t overuse it. We didn’t need to build it up as the little amount we used went along way. It was a little tackier to the touch than our regular primer. we could immediately feel a cooling, refreshing effect on our skin which helped with our redness.
- We didn’t seem to have any problem blending our foundation or the rest of our makeup in the side where we used the balm.
- After applying our foundation and whole makeup look, it almost felt the same on both sides. However, the side with the balm had more glow to it in comparison with the other half where we used our regular primer.
- After 4 hours, surprisingly, our makeup look remained looking completely fresh as if we have just applied it.
- After 8 hours, our makeup look started to fade just a tiny bit, as it would normally do. However, the side with the balm felt a bit more hydrated than the side with the regular primer. we had to go heavy with moisturizer that night after skipping it that morning.
All in all, using Nivea Men Post-Shave Balm as a hydrating primer for our dry skin was a successful experience. It managed to make our makeup last longer and keep our skin hydrated. Would we replace our regular primers for it? We would use it continuously alongside with our Holy Grail hydrating primers or when we want to save up some cash. You can easily buy it on Amazon!